Corporate Copyright Compliance Plan
Managing copyright issues across a corporation often is about managing risk, the risk of employees committing copyright infringement or plagiarizing someone else’s content and presenting it as if it were created by the company.
There are important copyright issues every company, regardless of size, needs to consider, such as ~
- Does the company have a copyright compliance policy?
- Does your company training plan ensure that employees are training on the appropriately using other people’s content – WITH PERMISSION?
- Has the company obtained copyright clearance agreements for the use of other people’s content and is complying with the terms of these agreements?
- Is the company protecting its own content from unauthorized use by others?
Copyrighted Website Content
Do your content producers consider that online content, including images, graphics, and content found through online searches are most often copyrighted, even if there is nothing obvious to indicate it is protected under US copyright law?
Also, have you considered the value of the online content your company is creating? Have you initiated procedures to protect it, and have you educated your staff about these procedures?
Do your content producers know when content ownership is an issue, know how to determine content ownership, and know how to request permission for content use?
If you have answered “NO” to any of the questions above, we can assist your company by ~
- assessing where your company may have copyright compliance issues,
- identifying potential solutions to copyright compliance issues,
- plan and implement courses of actions, and
- evaluate the outcomes of actions taken.
We can guide you in developing a project management system to ensure a high level of copyright compliance in all areas related to your use of copyrighted content and your control of others’ use of your copyrighted content.
Contact Us to discuss your particular consulting needs.