- Misguided Assumption About Photo Copyright: I can publish because I bought it, paid someone to take it, found it, have it in hand
- Copyright Notice: Stake Your Claim? Fortify Your Site!
- Avoid Claims of Plagiarism in Self-Published Works
- Creating a Book Trailer Free of Copyright Concerns
- Copyright Infringement: Dangers of Copying from One Medium into Another
Tag Archives: Copyright Office
It is common knowledge that copyright on a copyrightable work belongs to creators from the moment they create it. And life is hectic and time valuable for the self-publisher. We may be working on an ebook, putting out a newsletter, … Continue reading
News of Marybeth Peters’ recent retirement as United States Register of Copyrights and questions about her acting replacement, Maria Pallante, and others considered for the job, has set me to thinking about the time I entered the world of copyright. … Continue reading