Corporate Copyright Compliance Plan
Managing copyright issues across a corporation often is about managing risk. There can be significant consequences if employees commit copyright infringement or plagiarize someone else’s content and present it as if it were created by the company.
There are important copyright issues every company, regardless of size, need to consider, such as ~
- Does the company have written copyright compliance policies and procedures?
- Does the company training plan ensure that employees are training on the appropriate uses of other people’s content?
- Has the company obtained copyright clearance agreements or licenses for the use of other people’s content and does it complying with the terms and conditions of these agreements?
- Is the company protecting its own content from unauthorized use by others?
Copyrighted Website Content
Do your content producers consider that online content may be copyrighted, even if there is nothing obvious to indicate it is protected under US copyright law?
Also, have you considered the value of the online content your company is creating? Have you initiated procedures to protect it, and have you educated your staff about these procedures?
Do your content producers know when content ownership is an issue, know how to determine content ownership, and know how to request permission for content use?
If you have answered “NO” to any of the questions above, we can assist your company by ~
- assessing where your company may have copyright compliance issues,
- identifying potential solutions to copyright compliance issues,
- planning and implement courses of actions, and
- evaluating the outcomes of actions taken.
We can guide you in developing a project management system to ensure a high level of copyright compliance in all areas related to your use of copyrighted content and your control of others’ use of your copyrighted content.
Contact Us to discuss your particular consulting needs!