Publishers have an obligation to ensure that they do not infringe the rights of others when they create new works. The task is complicated under any circumstance, but even more so when freelance editors and content providers are engaged, which is more frequently the case these days. How can publishers, large and small, manage the risk of copyright infringement? That’s where we can help!
We can assist with copyright compliance issues on several levels ~
- Copyright training on the appropriate using other people’s content.
- Identifying copyright issues and acquiring copyright licenses, including the negotiation of fees and terms and conditions.
- Developing a compliance system that will identify and track copyright licenses over numerous publications and editions.
- Coordinating copyright compliance between publishers engaged in joint ventures.
We offer copyright clearance services that includes the identification of text, photographs, song lyrics, graphs, illustrations, and other materials that are in the public domain, those that may be considered fair use, and those that require clearance for use in their books. It is our job to identify the owner of the copyrighted work and secure permission to use the content in the manner proposed. We also will provide a tracking system that will enable you to monitor the progress in acquiring the needed clearances.
Contact Us to discuss your particular copyright clearance issues.
We can guide you in developing a project management system to ensure a high level of copyright compliance in all areas related to your use of copyrighted content and your control of others’ use of your copyrighted content.
Contact Us to discuss your particular consulting needs.
We offer customized training workshops geared toward publishers
- with specific needs related to copyright compliance training.
- with an online presence that have a dependence on employee knowledge and cooperation regarding copyright compliance to keep them legal.
- with print and/or digital publishing enterprises, including those involved in blogging, training, published content, and program development.
We will develop customized training and develop management systems and tools to meet your specific needs.
- We will work with you to develop compliance management tools such as procedures for obtaining or providing written permissions, guidelines for maintaining copyright compliance, copyright and permission training manuals, and operation guidance materials.
- We will deliver customized education programs that will teach you and your staff about the part permissions and licenses play in keeping your company copyright compliant.
- We offer on-call consultation privileges. We provide copyright advice when you need a helping hand and guide you through the maze of unlocatable copyright owners, primary and secondary sources, public domain determinations, and orphan work designations.
Copyright Training Options – Publishers
We offer customized training workshops geared toward specific copyright needs and issues identified by the publisher. All training packages include a copy of our award-winning reference book Copyright Clearance for Creatives for each person participating in the workshop.
- Option A – Half-day training for employees on the copyright basics involved in online representation of your company.
- Option B – 3 to 5 days on site. Work with your staff to develop a comprehensive copyright management system and provide compliance training for employees. We help you concentrate and enhance your approaches to educate staff on copyright and enforce copyright policies by directing you in centralizing dealings with copyright issues specific to your company.
- Option C – We offer on-call consultation on an hourly basis to help you and your staff as your begin to implement your new knowledge or new management system.
[contact-form to=’firstname.lastname@example.org’ subject=’Publisher inquiry about training’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Phone’ type=’text’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Name of organization’ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’Tentative date(s) of workshop’ type=’text’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’City %26amp; state where workshop to be held’ type=’text’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Additional details’ type=’textarea’/][/contact-form]