In September 2017 the US Copyright Office began releasing a new series of copyright circulars that provide simple explanations of US copyright law on specific topics. These circulars are divided into seven categories:
- Foundations of Copyright (10 Circulars, including two in Spanish)
- Office Practices and Procedures (17 Circulars, including one in Spanish)
- Copyright Concepts (10 Circulars)
- Visual Arts Works (8 Circulars)
- Performing Arts Works (6 Circulars)
- Literary Works (10 Circulars)
- Licensing (6 Circulars)
The announcement may be see at http://blogs.loc.gov/copyright/2017/09/new-circulars-launched/?loclr=twcop and the listing of new circulars may be accessed at https://www.copyright.gov/circs/?loclr=blogcop.
In future blogs we will highlight some of these Circulars as the content applies to publishing.